Monday, February 19, 2007

My Trip to Boston

So I wrote a blog about my trip to Boston the day I got back because I was so excited about the trip. I'm not sure what happened, but the blog no longer exists. Maybe I didn't save it, that's the only thing that makes sense. Anyway, I had a great time in Boston. I got there and it was cold and I was tired, but Anna and I took a walk through Angela's little town anyway. We basically just checked out the cool architecture and took a lot of random pictures of houses and doors.
I got to spend some time with my new nephew that evening and had
a fantastic dinner.

Arin came the next night, Friday night, and we had some Shabbat dinner. It was pretty tasty. It was interesting having the food blessed before eating, and dealing with their rules about the electricity. The meal was really, really good, with lots of hala bread and salmon. Ang was very flexible, they did their thing, and we did ours. We took turns changing Akiva and holding him. He is so adorable.
Andrew arrived
via bus on Saturday morning. We played a ton of games and changed and held Akiva some more. Andrew was really funny holding little Keevers like he was so fragile he was gonna break him at first. Alec also came to visit later on Saturday, through hell and high water. We went for a walk through town and stopped at Starbucks. It was cold, but I had a great time. We all had a chance to talk about our lives for a little while. We went back to the house and ate some more and played some more games. It was worth everything to see my sisters and brothers with the first of the next generation of George and Pauline Sullivans.

We went to church on Sunday morning, and then had a delicious breakfast cooked by Roseanne at her sweet little apartment.
Afterwards we hit the Museum of Science, which ended up being very cool and interactive. We went to a 3d Mars production, that I hate to admit was kind of lame. I also had a weird, sweaty older man, who may have been a little f**cked up, talking to me the whole time. Alec had to be rushed to get on a bus and we went out to get some Kosher Chinese Food. It was rather good. I also happened to be starving. After Chinese we took Andrew to the bus. We headed home and changed and held Akiva a few more times.

Monday morning we went out to look at Bridesmaid dresses and wedding
dresses. It was fun trying on a whole bunch of different wedding dresses. They were all so beautiful. I knew as soon as I put it on, that the dress I got was the right one. It was awesome having the saleslady put the veil on my head. I almost cried. Then Ang, Arin, and Anna all found some bridesmaid dresses in blue. They looked beautiful. It was sad that my mother wasn't there. She will love my dress when she sees it.

2 comments:

Arin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Arin said...

what the heck is that comment? what i was typing, before it was suddenly posted, was "and then we held Akiva a few more times..."
Nice post Mary!