Tuesday, November 28, 2006

154..... Briefly

So Thanksgiving morning I went for a run with Titus to the beach. I did some sprints in the waves (only cause that's what Titus wanted to do). It felt good to start the day off with some exercise. I jumped on the scale and Voila! Finally! 154. Then I went to Myia's for Thanksgiving lunch. That was some good fried turkey. She also put together some candied yams, stuffing, deviled eggs, ham, mashed potatoes, and I made a baked mac and cheese dish. I ate a ton of food then, of course, there was pie for dessert.... twice.... with cool whip. It was lovely. The next morning, I was no longer 154. It felt good to meet my goal for a moment.
Since Thursday I ran with Titus again on Sunday. Last Monday we were informed that Hip-Hop class is being moved to 4:00pm because the kids have been staying late practicing for the concert. Unfortunately for those 3 of us who are not still in elementary or high school, 4:00 is too early because of work. We were thinking about doing a Salsa class instead later on Monday, but we were all too tired. We are planning to start salsa next week. Tonight Ananda and I called each other and actually ran again. It was good because I was starting to feel unmotivated again. It is so helpful to have someone else to workout with. We only ran three miles, but it's something.
I'm looking forward to running on Saturday morning and hopefully also Sunday. I may hike on Thursday, but its gonna be a late Hawaii Kai hike, including flash lights and what-not. We'll see. The plan is not to get too off track even with the holidays coming up. And to hit 154 again.

No comments: