Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Project 154


Weigh-in- 155

So, it's been a little while since the last post. I have been keeping busy for the most part, but did not go on a hike last Saturday with the Hike for Discovery team. Myia was feeling like she wanted to take a break, so I joined in. I also skipped Hip-Hop last Monday. I did go for a few short runs, mostly just with Titus to the Dog Park. I didn't gain any weight, and that's the most important thing. I've decided that my new goal is 154. I don't know how long I've been at 155, but it's been way too long. I just need to drop the 1 pound, and then I feel like I will be over my plateau. Of course I want to continue to lose weight without diet pills or even strict dieting, so it's taken me a long time to lose all the weight I've lost in the past few years. I think I just need to step up the running on the days in between hiking and Hip-Hop class. Maybe if I do that for a week I can lose the 1.
This week I've woken up feeling pretty exhausted, I don't think I've been sleeping very well. That makes it hard to work up the motivation to go for a run. All I want to do is watch tv.

This past week's hike was pretty awesome, well the first half of it anyway. It was also a great workout. The views on the first half were beautiful. I cut my leg on a fallen tree, but it was well worth it. The second half of the hike was pretty much a huge dirt road, still in use by cars. It was pretty boring, there were no views, and it hurt your feet because the dirt was so packed.
Afterwards I was really tired, but luckily not too sore. I ran on Sunday, just a little bit, and then on Monday was Hip-Hop class. That was a lot of fun. I almost felt like I was keeping up with the instructor. There's a couple of 12-year olds (or younger, I can't really tell) who are awesome. They're really fun to watch because they're so young, but they can dance really well.

So, the plan for this week, since it's already Wednesday, is to run later this evening if there's time, hike on Thursday to the Pillboxes in Lanikai, run with Denby on Friday, possible Turkey Trot on Saturday, and hike with Myia on Saturday or Sunday. Monday is Hip-Hop of course. Keep the focus on 154 and stop eating like I am a starved child.

1 comment:

Arin said...

You can do it Mary!
You are right that the first pound is the hardest - once you get the ball rolling you'll be on the right track.
A trick that works for me so that I don't pig out after work: I eat a cheesestick or something else small right before I leave work - that way I haven't crashed by the time I get home. Also, drink a big glass of water as soon as you walk in the door. It gives your belly something to think about.
It helps!