Monday, October 30, 2006

Likeke Hike, Buddy Hike, Hip-Hop, Aiea Loop, Pumpkin Carving

Weigh-in- 155

So, it's been a week and a half since my last post, and still 155. That's okay, since I've been eating like crap. I'm lucky I didn't gain weight. I did keep busy, we hiked Likeke Trail off of the Pali- my camera battery died, so I don't have many pictures of that hike. It was a pretty good hike, it's got a waterfall, and Myia and I have hiked it before. At the end we found a mini-cache called "Ain't no more Mr. Nice Guy" or something like that. It was really hard to find, very well hidden, but we had some hints from our fearless leaders who had found it once before.

On Sunday Myia and I went for a run, after we walked for a while. Monday was Hip-Hop class and I actually felt like I was keeping up with the instructor. Not that I really looked like her when I was dancing, but my moves were at least resembled hers and were pretty much on the beat. After class we bought Hip-Hop hats so we can look the part next week. (Of course Titus ate my hat on Tuesday, but I'm gonna get another one before the next class.)

On Tuesday and Wednesday I rested up and Thursday we went on a Buddy Hike on the Pali. It was the same location as last week, but we took a different trail. We tried to take a lot of pictures, but the lighting wasn't that good, so a lot of my pictures came out blurry or out of focus. This is a picture of the Lepto Tank (that's what we called it anyway). We were gonna take the ladder out from under it and climb on top to see what was in it, but we didn't have a whole lot of time to get back before dark.



On Saturday we hiked the Aiea Loop, which was nicer than I thought it was going to be. There weren't a whole lot of picture-worthy spots, but there were some nice trees to look at. Because we didn't need to stop to take a lot of pictures we did the hike at a pretty good pace and I was pretty tired and sore afterwards.

I got to visit with Nate's cadets on their voyage, they were doing some awesome Hawaiian projects. I watched them play some Hawaiian games, I can't remember their names, and also took some pictures of them pounding the Taro root to make Poi. Later, we went to Kara and Eli's and carved some pumpkins. We took the pumpkin carving contest pretty seriously and came out with some amazing pumpkins. The winner was Cheryl's cat. I carved a pretty mean "Hot Head" (the flaming skull pumpkin).


There were a lot of really good pumpkins. There was Teri's Scarecrow, Kara's ghosts, Charles' Palm Tree (done free-hand), Kara's skull and crossbones, Sue and Charles' googley-eyed pumpkin, Damion's Pirate, Kara's Cat in front of the Moon, and Myia's scary house. Not shown in the picture are Kara's Pumpkin "Pi", and Me and Myia's Penis Pumpkin. Featured on the right is Nate and Mike's "Bend her over and let Rover take over" pumpkin.


No comments: