Tuesday, April 03, 2007

In training

So, I was able to run 8 miles today after work. I am really surprised at how good it felt. I didn't feel very good before I started and my knee hurt. I ran the first three and I was pretty tired, and then I figured I would just run one more, and then one more, until I had made it to the 8 mile turn-around point. At the end I was actually running, not gasping for air and jogging. I ate one of those sugary energy gel packs at the 5 and a half mile marker. It actually helped a lot I think. It gave me a little boost of energy, especially for the last mile. The only problem was that it was dark and I was running in the park after dark by myself. I knew Myia was waiting in the parking lot, but it was still scary. It's sad that you can't just run by yourself anymore without getting all paranoid that someone's going to attack you. I was ready to karate chop anyone that came near me.
Tomorrow and Thursday are paddling practice, hopefully not in the canal. I like it much better when we go out in the ocean. I'll have to run on Thursday or Friday, Pilates on Friday on base. I'm gonna have to decide whether I want to paddle on Saturday or hit Yoga and lift weights. It might be smarter to lift weights.
The scale's been going below 150 pretty consistently, but still bounces back up to 150 a lot as well. I think if I want to lose more weight I'm gonna have to evaluate how I'm eating. I'm trying to figure out where I can write down what I eat and stick with it. I tend not to stick to journaling. It might get a little annoying if I write everything I eat on this blog. Unless I can find a tool to add onto the side of the blog... Anyway, I'm feeling really good, but I'm plateaued, again.

1 comment:

Arin said...

holy crap - 8 miles! that's awesome. andrea and i are back on south beach after a winter of comfort food. I'm still at 170 and am having a hard time making the needle move - so we'll see what happens after the next couple weeks. We started on Monday!