Monday, April 02, 2007

Checking in

I'm feeling pretty good recently, and have been working hard. Paddling started two weeks ago, and it looks like it's going to take up a good amount of my time. The first practice we just went out into the ocean. I was surprised that he was taking us right out like that, but it was cool to be trusted enough to go. It was absolutely beautiful out and it reminded me of why I love to paddle. On Wednesday night, right after practice, my muscles started to tighten up and I knew I was going to be very, very sore for the rest of the week. Although I've been running quite often and doing yoga and lifting weights, I hurt so bad on Thursday. Last week it wasn't so bad, but I was pretty sore again after practice. We've been continuing to run and train for the half-marathon. It's getting harder and harder to decide which is more important. Right now I'm only running twice a week and paddling 4x. I may have to sacrifice Yoga on Saturday mornings since it's really hard to get there in time right after practice.
Schedule for now:
Monday- paddling @ 5:30.
Tuesday- running long distance
Wednesday- paddling @ 5:30.
Thursday- running short distance and paddling @ 5:30.
Friday- Pilates
Saturday- paddling in the morning, yoga if I can make it after
Sunday- hiking Hawaii Loa Ridge.

Goal- I've given in to the fact that my scale in my bathroom weighs slightly less than what it should. It makes me feel good, but I am in reality I think about 5 pounds more than what my scale says. I'm going to stick with the number on my scale since that's what I use most often.
So, my goal is 146 on my bathroom scale (151 on real scales).
I think I can achieve this goal in two weeks, so I'll set it for April 16, Monday morning.
My doctor weighed me this morning. The scale said 155, which she said is actually at the very end of "within normal" limit for myself. Of course I want to lose more weight, but I'm actually within the normal range. That's pretty awesome.

No comments: