Thursday, April 19, 2007

This week I'm feeling a little tired and burnt out. Last week I was pretty tired too. Paddling is 4 days a week and although some days it doesn't seem like much of a cardio workout for some reason, on other days we paddle HARD. I am sore today from paddling so much yesterday and we have practice again tonight. Myia and I also figured out that since paddling started we are running slower than we were. I'm sure it's because we've only been running 2x a week at the most. I'm gonna try to run either Wednesday or Thursday before practice, but that might be too much. I originally said that I was going to skip a day of paddling in order to get in a different kind of workout, but I think I'm too competitive to do that. If I miss practice than I feel bad. I think I also have the possibiliity of getting into one of the races that are coming up and knowing that makes me want to show up to practice as well. I miss doing Yoga on Saturdays and then lifting weights, but practice is from 7:00am to usually around 10:00am. And then we miss the early yoga class. I may try out the power yoga class that doesn't start until 10:15.
On the positive side, my scale actually rested on the 145 mark this morning. I don't think it's gonna stay there, I tend to fluctuate for a while before the scale sticks, but I'm hoping that in the near future I may actually start working towards 140. A few months ago I never would have believed that I would be this close to actually meeting my goal weight. I would love to get around 135 on a real scale, which is about 15 more pounds that I would have to lose. Before the wedding I would like to get to about 145 on a real scale, so still 5 more pounds to go. Perhaps I should get myself a better scale! At least the one I have is reliable. I can at least tell that I am losing weight and how many pounds I am losing, but it is disheartening when I go to the doctor or weigh myself on a regular scale and I am actually heavier than what it says at home.
I am pretty proud of myself- the other day I wore a shirt to work that used to be inappropriately tight. It actually was loose on me. Most of my clothes are really loose on me now and I think there are only 2 pairs of pants in my closet that fit me correctly (you know, the ones hanging in my closet for years that I kept in the hopes that someday I would fit into them again someday). I still have several pairs of pants that are way too tight to wear, that I would like to fit into before the wedding. That may be a little much to ask, so I'm not gonna count on it.
This weeks goal: 145 (on my home scale) by Saturday. I know it hit there once, but can I keep it there?

No comments: